Sunday, May 20, 2012

Gift Bags

We celebrated three birthdays today - my sister, my son, and my son-in-law - and since I didn't want to just stick their gift cards in the card envelopes, I got a brilliant last minute idea to make gift bags for them.  I found this easy tutorial at Jan's Stamping Creations here.  For the price of two 12 x 12 sheets of designer paper and some ribbon I had on hand, I ended up spending much less on them than store bought gift bags.  Plus, they were much more personalized!  Next time I will make some much earlier so I can embellish them more!  The only problem I had was working the Crop-O-dile again after a few years of non-use - otherwise they were a cinch to make!
TFL!
Gerlinde

5 comments:

  1. Love this! What a cute way to give a gift, looks very professional - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this idea Gerlinde, Thanks for the including the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Gerlinde! Thank you for the link, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your bags turned out fabulous. Thanks for including the link. I am definitely trying this!!! It looks so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing some catching up....these are way cute Gerlinde! How utterly personal and professional looking! Hmm, got to question your economical comment though...looks like they eat up a lot of redline tape though LOL! Totally worth the personal touch though! Great project - TFS!!

    ReplyDelete