Sunday, March 24, 2013

Retirement

I made this card for the challenge at Repeat Impressions' The House that Stamps Built but had to laugh when I came across Alphabet Challenge's "C is for Coveted" because you wouldn't believe the torture I went thru when I decided to use my cardstock from Stampin Up's Shimmery White.  It is truly my most coveted cardstock and because of that I'm terrified of making a mistake on it.  I swear I've had an unopened package for two years! Now the cheapo Walmart white cardstock I have no trouble wasting at all! Anyway, Repeat Impression's challenge theme is Sponging or Brayering and since I wasn't very happy with the last moon I did, I thought I'd try it again with this Pelican from Repeat Impressions.  The sponging is done with Memento Inks and the pelican is colored with Copics.  The oval die is Spellbinders and the border punch is Martha Stewart.  I think the retirement stamp is Repeat Impressions too.  A little stickles on the moon and the water and done!

I'm entering this into the following challenges!
The House that Stamps Built (Repeat Impressions) - Sponging or Brayering
Alphabet Challenge - C is for Coveted
Papercraft Star - Birds
Rhedd & Rosies - Birds
Sparkles Forum - Birds

Thanks for visiting!
Gerlinde

16 comments:

  1. Wow, so pretty! (And we all have the coveted paper that we don't want to use!). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the pelican! Well worth using your special paper :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerlinde - what a beautiful card!!! Love the look of the "clouds" over the sun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks amazing. Love the sponging you did and the moon is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so so pretty Gerlinde! Love that image and what you did with it. Well worth using that SU paper! I know the feeling - I've got many packages sitting here unopened too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fab card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely, so tranquil.
    Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie's Anything Goes Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it hun, the sparkly moon looks fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful ... beautifully done ... Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love Pelicans, one of my favourite birds! Great little scene, really love the stickles on the moon, wonderful touch. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this month and good luck.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card and one does not see a pelican card too often but it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty card , love the pelican . thanks for joining us over at Rhedd & Rosies challenge . hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenges
    hope you will join us again soon

    Sorry we made you use your best cardstock :)

    Shaz DT X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pelican creation, and I have the same pack of unopened cardstock in my drawer for probably longer than 2 years LOL Very pretty white on white background, and lovely pelican! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! I love the moon and the punching and die! How did you do such wonderful punching around the rectangle since they are made for squares? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great card, the cardstock looks lovely white on white.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete