Saturday, February 18, 2012

Birthday Blooms

I had to have 4 birthday cards for this week and 2 for next week, so my stash was a little depleted.  Besides, my good friend Terry follows my blog, so I HAD to make something new for her.  I also hadn't used my SU two step bird punch that I bought last year, so I was thrilled to be able to use it.
The background paper is by Paper Pizzaz and the cardstock is Brocade Blue.  I used the design on the belly of of the bird in Punch Potpourri to stamp the wing with Versamark.  I used Spellbinders Standard Circles Large as the background for the bird and mounted it on Heartfelt Creations' Decorative Oval Window (another first time use since I bought it in August).  The yellow and peach colored flowers are Recollections and the pink flower was a white one from my stash that I colored with Copics to match the DP.  The ribbon and gemstone are just from my stash.


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafy Pad - the letter B (bird and blue)
Paperplay - Critters
Totally Papercrafts - Ribbon/Bows
Truly Scrumptious - All creatures great and small
Sarah Hurley Challenges - die cuts
Mema's Crafts - anything goes
Sparkle Forum Challenge - Things with wings
Flutterby Wednesdays - Things with wings

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! What a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerlinde, I really like the use of that pretty blue on your card. Love that SU bird punch, and should bite that precious bullet to invest in it. I REALLY like the new bird die from SU, but it means pulling out my sizzix to use instead of my Grand Calibur. Your bird is sweet, and has a little detail in the tail area and the wing blends well with it. I **need** to pick both up, probably. The card is REALLY gorgeous! Your cards definitely inspire me. Like you, it is TWEET TWEET TWEET! (sorry for being so corny - corny but honest, right? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, I love the colours you have used and that bird is cute
    Thanks for joining in at SFC this month

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so lucky to have received this card. It is even more beautiful in person! And you colored a white flower to make it pink! You didn't say...you never cease to amaze me and I THANK YOU so much for this card. What an inspiration!
    t

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bird! Too cute! Thanks for joining me at Mema's Crafts this month and I hope you will come back soon. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at SMC with our
    "Things with Wings" challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon & good luck in the draw

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the dimension in your card Gerlinde and those colors are lovely. You sound like me, I "have" to have something and never use it before something else that I "have" to have catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Realy pretty card - I love the vintage/victorian style.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very pretty. It really does have a Victorian feel to it. Gorgeous!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty! I have a hard time with blue but you've used it beautifully. Love that bird! I must be the only person in the blogging universe who doesn't own it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww very pretty design, love it..
    Thanks for joining us at Paperplay,
    Hugz Kenz :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is stunning, love the colours, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete