Monday, February 27, 2012

Surfin Woody #2 - Beach scene

Hello again!  Happy last Monday in February!  I'm back with Sparkle N Sprinkle's new Surfin Woody #456 stamp set and this time I decided to get my alcohol inks out.  I'd forgotten how messy they could get, but well worth the mess when you're done.  I happened to get a free pack of 4 x 6 glossy photo paper last time I bought printer ink, so I had plenty of paper to practice on before I got the hang of it again.  The sand is done with Butterscotch and Latte ink, the ocean is Stream and Stonewashed ink, and the sky is Stonewashed, Slate, with a touch of Purple Twilight.  I used Florida Beach (#1111) glitter on the sand, colored the images with Copics, and drew the birds with Copics C7. The ocean foam is done with a white gel pen and the sentiment (from SNS Happy Birthday #416) is embossed with Mediterranean #417.  It was then mounted on an old SU turquoise cardstock and edged with 1/8" Tearific tape that was sprinkled with Waterfall (#1071) glitter.  The bottom layer of the card is SU Pool Party.  Complete directions can be found here.
I'm so pleased with how it turned out, that I may have to get Sparkle N Sprinkle's other two beach sets - By the Seashore and Ocean Treasures- and keep that alcohol ink out!
I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Allsorts - your choice
Always Crafting - anything goes
Divas by Design - bling it up
Polkadoodle - summer fun
That Craft Place - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge - anything goes
The Paper Shelter -add a sentiment
2 Sisters Challenge - anything goes

16 comments:

  1. WOW! So pretty and neat looking. I want to make one! Love the saying too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerlinde, this is awesome. Love the whole scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the summer look of your card! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crazy Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerlinde this is stunning! Makes me want to go somewhere tropical for sure! You should be darn proud of this card, it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great scene you have created! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning!
    Thanks for playing along at That Craft Place challenge this time.
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic, summery card
    Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    I have candy if your interested
    http://fleurapassionforcraft.blogspot.com/
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerlinde!! WHOA! What an amazing, awesome wonderful card! Much better than a post card for sure! Looks just like our beaches! All the vivid colors and attention to special details are what make your cards stupendous! You are capturing the feel with such diverse stamps and products! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card with the cool colors. I missed the beach!

    nurse training

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is a gorgeous scene - really makes me long for summer. Thank you for joining us at Polka Doodles.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! What a beautiful card. Love the way you used your alcohol inks for the background....and the glitter just really makes beach scenes so real to me. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely summery card!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles!!

    ReplyDelete